I am a Registered Therapeutic Reflexologist holding the prestigious Diploma in Therapeutic Reflexology from the International Academy of Reflexology and Meridian Therapy. I was awarded the diploma Cum Laude. I am passionate about health and wellness and offer an integrated approach to treatments, looking at the whole person, not just the condition or disease. I work alongside many specialists and believe in providing a holistic and supported offering.
My journey towards becoming a reflexologist started as a teenager dealing with really sore feet. Bunions and severe inflammation were the cause of the pain and over the course of 15 years and 3 operations later, I now have feet that are pain-free. To maintain this state of wellbeing, I ensure I continue seeing my mobility specialist, wear support in my shoes, eat carefully and of course, visit my reflexologist weekly! Embracing one’s own health is key, our bodies are incredible and through knowledge and support real balancing of the nervous system can take place.
All of your treatments will include a home-made drink and sweet treat, served in a serene garden setting to encourage you on your healthy living path. From healing touch, taste, sounds and smell, you will have all of your senses balanced and satisfied. My goal is to have you leave my sanctuary feeling at peace and relaxed.
- THERAPEUTIC REFLEXOLOGY + MERIDIAN THERAPY / 30 MINS R400 / 45 MINS R550 / 60 MIN R690 / 75 MINS R840
Reflexology is a modern western therapy in which pressure is applied to distinct areas of the feet. It is a gentle art, a fascinating science and an extremely effective form of therapeutic foot massage that has car ved an impressive niche in the field of alternative complementar y medicine. It is a science because it is based on physiological and neurological study, but is an art because much depends on how skilfully the practitioner applies their knowledge.
75 minute session includes an assessment, Vacuflex concepts boots and full reflexology treatment. This is recommended for the first session.
- COMBINATION REFLEXOLOGY TREATMENT / 75 MINS R840 / 90 MINS R975
Face, hands and foot reflexology
- VACUFLEX CONCEPTS / 30 MINS R400
This dynamic therapy offers the combined benefit of a full reflexology treatment, plus the stimulation of all the major meridians in one half-hour session.
The concept uses a vacuum boot foot reflexology treatment together with a vacuum cupping treatment sequence along the acupuncture meridians.
- MERIDIAN THERAPY / 30 MINS R400
There are six main Meridians. 5 are found in the feet, specifically the toes and they penetrate the main organs; liver, spleen/pancreas, stomach, gall bladder, bladder and kidneys. This treatment will stimulate and clear congestions along all these Meridians, allowing energy to flow freely and return the body to a state of balance.
- FACIAL REFLEXOLOGY / 30 MINS R400
This Vietnamese Practice aims to relax and help remove stress by assisting the body to heal and rebalance itself. During facial reflexology pressure is applied to the different reflex zones and reflexology points on the face using Yin and Yang tools designed to release.
- COMBINATION THERAPIES / 1.5 HOURS R975 / 2 HOURS R1250
Pranayama, Asana, Meditation & Reflexology
Massage and Reflexology
- MINI RETREAT R2200 (1-2 persons)
A beautifully orchestrated 3 hour session of breathwork, asana (vinyasa), meditation, reflexology and massage. A tasty treat and drink is included to make for a sensory experience. You will leave feeling recalibrated and rejuvenated.
The feet are thought to represent a microcosm of the body with all of the body parts and organs being represented in a similar arrangement with the reflexes on the feet as they are located anatomically in the body. Claire will map the feet and toes, and apply pressure by using special thumb and finger techniques to the reflexes on the feet. This in turn will trigger physiological reactions in the corresponding organs and parts of the body by releasing the “chi” energy, or vital energy, and removing any blockages that may have been caused by disease.
Reflexology is an increasingly popular Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) modalities offering you non-invasive therapy mainly through your feet (as well as hands and ears). Certain pressure techniques are used to stimulate specific reflexes (nerve endings), which will induce deep relaxation eliciting an involuntary response in body organs and glands connected by electromagnetic pathways to these reflexes. Overall wellbeing is increased as the body moves towards balance and heals itself while clearing out toxins that accumulate through modern-day lifestyles.
For the most part you will leave feeling relaxed, energized and rejuvenated. Because reflexology activates the body’s own healing power, some form of a “bad” reaction can be inevitable as the body rids itself of toxins.
This is referred to as a “healing crisis” and is a cleansing process. This can manifest itself as increased darker and stronger smelling urination, flatulence and more frequent bowel movements, aggravated skin conditions, increased mucous secretions, disrupted sleep patterns, dizziness, nausea, tiredness and headaches. You may also become emotional and could have an overwhelming desire to weep.
The good news is that once this has passed, you will be on the road to well-being! Sore reflex points may indicate areas of congestion with the sensations ranging from a dull ache, minor discomfort, tightness or just firm pressure. Sensitivity varies from person to person and also from treatment to treatment.
As the treatment progresses, the tenderness should diminish as balance is restored in the problem areas. The treatment is finished off with a beautiful massage, which will leave you feeling relaxed and soothed, enhancing the body’s capacity to utilize its natural healing potential.
After your treatment, you need to drink plenty of fresh water to help flush toxins from your body. It is also recommended that you avoid alcohol and eat light meals.
Claire will make notes following your session to build a case history and assess progress for future treatments. All information recorded will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act and will remain totally confidential.
A reflexologist does not diagnose disease or prescribe medication. The focus will always be on health and wellbeing and bringing the body back into a state of balance in a natural and holistic way. When you feel tenderness during the treatment it could identify an area or body part/s that are congested and possibly require further investigation. Claire has a wide referral base and will always ensure that you receive the best treatment at all times.
If you have never experienced reflexology before, you may be a little nervous prior to your first session Claire will welcome you with a cup of herbal tea and an opportunity to ask any questions you may have. Relaxation is the primary focus with it being the first step in the healing process.
Her primary focus will be to help you feel comfortable throughout the treatment.
The first session will include a thorough health, diet and lifestyle discussion. She will ask about any medication that you take, recent operations and illnesses as well as your reasons for trying reflexology.
Having built up a picture of your current state of health, Claire will explain briefly how reflexology works and will then examine your feet.
You will be asked to recline on the massage bed with only your feet and calves being exposed – allowing you to feel comfortable at all times. The treatment will then begin with some relaxation and mobilization of the joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
This will be followed by a sequence of thumb and finger techniques aimed at applying pressure to every reflex area on the top and bottom of the feet. Both feet will be worked on as part of a full treatment.
A typical treatment will last 45-60 minutes and it is generally recommended that you have 4-6 weekly treatments initially. Once balance is achieved it may be suggested that you maintain a once a week session if budget allows, or to come every 2 weeks. If there is an acute issue manifesting it is suggested that a course of 2 sessions per week be planned for the first 3 weeks. For children or anyone seriously ill treatments may be shorter and more frequent.
Top reasons to go for Reflexology:
- It is an antidote to stress. A stress reaction is a primitive response to a threatening or dangerous situation. When a person experiences stress, certain hormonal and chemical defence mechanisms occur in the body. If a person experiences prolonged stress, this will eventually result in the depletion of essential vitamins and minerals from the system and exhaustion sets in. Chronic stress and tension can tighten up the cardiovascular system and restrict blood flow. 1 This results in a sluggish circulation and high or low blood pressure. Reflexology encourages oxygen and blood to move through the body supplying oxygen and nutrients. In addition, the lymphatic system, which deals with the absorption of fats, the distribution of excess fluids and elimination of harmful substances, is also encouraged to work more efficiently.
- Facilitates a more optimal function of the neural pathways. When neural pathways are impaired, the body’s nerve function is hindered and this impacts negatively on a person’s reactions and cognitive processes. By revitalising the energy flow throughout the body the nerve function is “jump-started” and neural messages are delivered more rapidly and efficiently to all parts of the body, allowing a more optimal level of functioning.
- Encourages the endocrine system to function effectively. A further effect of the revitalisation of the energy flow throughout the body by the stimulation of reflex points is that the endocrine system, an intricate network of glands, which secrete hormones, will improve in functionality. These glands influence all facets of growth, development and sexual function. 2 They also exert a powerful influence on thoughts, emotions and personality. The malfunction of any of the seven principle endocrine glands can result in the disruption of hormone secretion and imbalances in the body.
- Eases pain and help the body to relax activating the parasympathetic system and one’s ability to rest and digest. Stimulation of the reflexes encourages the brain to release pain-killing endorphins and help the body to relax.
- Reflexology breaks down crystal deposits and helps to remove toxins. An excess of acidity in the bloodstream may result in the settling of grainy deposits in the nerve endings of a body organ. These are considered to be calcium deposits, which develop into acid crystals and can impede normal blood circulation. Feet are at the end point of circulation in the body and are often the prime targets for these crystal deposits. They settle beneath the skin surface, cause congestion, impede circulation and cause toxins to stagnate in the feet. Reflexology stimulation results in the breakdown of the crystals and the removal of toxins through improved circulation. This also eases pain and swelling in the feet and legs.